What is Octopamine?
Octopamine was first discovered in an Octopus and this is why its gets its name. It is a natural substance also found in the Bitter Orange plant.
- Particularly useful as an aid for those trying to lose weight. It not only promotes fat loss but also works to minimize the loss of muscle and other lean body tissue.
- Bodybuilders and athletes commonly use this supplement. This is because it may prevent the breakdown of protein for energy. In turn, this prevents muscle loss even while dieting. In addition, people who are training use this as a pre-workout supplement to boost energy levels.
- Octopamine functions as a neurotransmitter and is similar to the adrenal hormone norepinephrine.
- Effects associated with oral consumption of Octopamine include:
- an increase in your heart rate.
- increased metabolism and glucose utilization.
- increase in blood flow to skeletal muscles.